Lahore Landing is an interactive documentary and my final-year project at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information.
From 26 Nov 2014 to 23 Jan 2015, I was in Lahore, Pakistan to cover a side of Pakistan not commonly presented by the media, of its arts and culture.
During our time there, the Peshawar Attack happened, opening our eyes the importance of arts in the fight against extremism, and how Pakistanis were using it in purposeful ways.
The project was successfully crowdfunded and independently done with a core team of four people. Since its launch and social media outreach on June 1, 2015, it has got 35,000 unique visitors from around the world.
For this project, I served as director. I oversaw the overall direction and tone, handled second camera, worked on story flow with UX, and was one of the video editors.
Lahore Landing has since gone on to be featured in the press and exhibited at major international film festivals.
Full Website: www.lahorelanding.com
Festivals & Awards
- Featured in a month-long exhibition in August 2015 at Media Center by IFP in New York, USA.
- Best Web Series (Bushwick Film Festival 2015), New York, USA.
- DOK Neuland Selection (DOK Leipzig 2015 – 58th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film), Leipzig, Germany.
- IDFA DocLab Competition for Digital Storytelling (IDFA 2015 – International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- One World Interactive Selection (Jeden svět 2016 – One World International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival), Prague, Czech Republic.
- Official Selection, 9th International Vasakh Documentary Film Festival (2016), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Virtual Encounters Exhibition Selection (Encounters SA International Documentary Film Festival 2016), Cape Town, South Africa.
- Prize Winner, Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival (FLEFF) 2016 Interface/Landscape New Media Exhibition, New York, USA.
- MangoBaaz (June 5, 2015)
- StoryCode (July 2015)
- The Entertaining Times (July 1, 2015)
- SiddySays – Pakistan’s leading lifestyle blog (July 25, 2015)
- The Express Tribune (August 9, 2015)
- i-Docs (October 15, 2015)
- Internazionale (November 17, 2015)
- Q Code Mag (November 21, 2015)
- WKWSCI Alumni Magazine (November 2015)
- Present Perfect “Misunderstood” Issue (March 2016)
- NYU Abu Dhabi Science and Technology (February 21, 2017)
Director: Jeremy Ho
Producer, Writer: Taahira Ayoob
Director of Photography: Andre He
Art, Illustration, Design: Jemimah Seow